NetApp Insight, NetApp’s annual technical conference, brought together storage and data management professionals to discuss changing the world with data. In over 200 technical sessions and the Insight Central exhibit hall, organizations learned how NetApp’s Data Fabric can help them:
- Harness the power of the hybrid cloud
- Build a next-generation data center
- Modernize storage through data management
The conference was almost canceled due to the tragic shooting in Las Vegas. However, NetApp and its partners and customers were committed to making a positive difference. So the event continued with participants adding volunteer activities like donating blood and distributing food to their already packed learning schedules.
STEALTHbits was honored to be a Bronze Sponsor at this year’s NetApp Insight. We had the opportunity to speak with over 200 participants, including NetAppers, fellow partners, joint customers, and prospects. In our booth, we showcased how we help organizations audit file access and permissions changes in real-time on NetApp, other NAS, and Windows devices.
Storage admins and engineers were especially interested in seeing how they can manage file activities from STEALTHbits’ easy-to-query dashboard, including:
- Restoring missing or deleted files
- Enforcing compliance around sensitive data
- Detecting and block threats like ransomware
- Feeding and analyzing data in Splunk and other SIEMs
A highlight of this year’s event was when NetApp CEO George Kurian visited Insight Central to speak with NetApp partners and vendors to express his gratitude for their safety and support. He also shared NetApp’s differentiated Data Fabric strategy and commitment to putting customers first.
Our STEALTHbits team left the show with three main takeaways:
- NetApp is helping companies seamlessly transition to a hybrid cloud environment with options like SnapMirror Connected and ONTAP so these businesses can make money, reduce costs, and boost productivity
- NetApp is giving companies data insights fueled by leading technologies like NetApp Hyper Converged Infrastructure, SolidFire Element OS 10, StorageGRID Webscale 11, and OnCommand Insight
- NetApp relies on partners like STEALTHbits to help audit and secure unstructured data wherever it lives—with proven file activity monitoring and data access governance solutions.
For more information on storage and security auditing of NetApp devices, please read http://go.stealthbits.com/storage-auditing-security-analysis-exec-brief.
To get a free trial of STEALTHbits File Activity Monitor for NetApp devices, please visit: http://go.stealthbits.com/trial-STEALTHbits-File-Activity-Monitor.